Friday, February 24, 2006

Not even Yoda saw this coming

This afternoon, there were some people over here to apply for a job. I got to speak with a couple of them.

One of them didn't want the job. The other one was on the fence. She was scared. She was more than scared, she was terrified out of her mind. I don't blame her, but.

(and there always is a but.)

I saw myself in her quivering shoes. The me when I was still a young buck. When I was still new and not the jaded and cynical creature I am today. :) Kidding. I've just learned to take it all in stride. But I totally felt for her. I tried to give her some reassuring words, make her feel comfortable at least. Truthfully, I really wanted her to join the team. I've seen her work and she can write the pants off of me. She would be a great asset to the empire. Join me and togethah we shall rule the galaxy!

But like I said, she's still on the fence about it. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. This was probably the most quoted line of 2004 noh? So cliche. Getting sidetracked...

So I says to her, I says, whatever you decide, don't regret it. As I walked her and her little friend out, she thanked me profusely. It was a bit weird. I think she may have even bowed. But it was dark and I may have imagined the whole thing. Nevertheless, I walked away with some thoughts.

You know what? There's not a decision I've made that I regretted in the past year and a half. Not so bad ey?

Sure I've gotten beat up. I've made mistakes. I've gone left when I should have gone right. But not one regret. I made my choices and I'm happily living with them. I'm living my life. My own to destroy, my own to lift up.

For years as I was growing up, the thing that I wanted the most was this thing called freedom. Now I know what it actually is. For me, it's taking responsibility for your actions knowing full well the consequences. I love it when I get into a situation, eyes open, see a whole lotta trouble ahead and go in anyway. I absolutely love that. Maybe because it's the anti-thesis of who I was before. Maybe because it makes me realize that after all these years I'm finally free.

One last thing before I sign off. Dude, can you return the cd you borrowed? I mean, c'mon! Yoda still had hair when I lent you that thing.

god. I love writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home