We walked to the champagne
Its all about the moments.
For some strange inexplicable reason, I'm feeling good. Don't ask me why, inexplicable nga noh. Basta. Nothing major happened naman. I suspect though, a lot of minor ones that I will not take for granted.
My boss told me a while ago, that reading Hemmingway will be a part of my training. She read me some excerpts and ya, looking forward. I'll get to it as soon as I get some air.
I forgot how fun it is to listen to the Presidents of the United States of America.
So I've been going to a boatload of presentations and meetings, which means I've been hanging around the a.e.'s a lot. I'm happy to note that I think I've gained their trust and confidence. And we actually have fun, which makes work, less like work. I think it strange though that I'm having real honest to goodness fun with them. You find things in the strangest and the most unexpected places.
The team's still fun though, when we're not getting scolded that is. There'd be times when the mood in the room would be heavy. I take every opportunity I can to crack a joke just to take everyone out of the constant state of anxiety. Though things do get dreary here at times. It's just the constant bombardment of ... everything.
Funny thing, as I was saying to a colleague of mine, there would be times when I'd be super loaded with stuff and simultaneously be so freakin bored. I think it's wanting to do anything but the task at hand. *cough*shit clients*cough* Excuse me. Got something in my throat.
Ain't no thing tho. I've kinda learned how to roll with the punches. Slowly, I'm learning a little bit of everything. Slowly, I'm learning a little bit about everyone. There are actually real people here! It's amazing! Har. I'm amaz-ed. Ikaw naman oo, ang ibig kong sabihin ay masnakikilala ko na yung mga utaw dits. Like our head of media to give you a fer' instance. I see him everyday and he's just so nice and pleasant. I've never seen him upset. And even when he's irritated, he's still nice to you. I am a-maze.
So the other day, my dad texts me about me and the cousins performing a song number for my grandparents 60th anniversary. I was like, uh ya, sure. Um, let me confirm with the cousins.... type response. But of course I don't wanna do it. Not because I'm embarrassed or anything, it's just that... it's so lame. On the same day, my uncle sends all of us an email informing us about the upcoming dinner / anniversary bash brouhaha. I send him a reply which went something like this: If you guys are so hot on singing, why don't you do it? Of course I said it much nicer than that. And I laid out the various arguments that would help my cause. Tee hee, they bought it. I'm so good. I guess dealing with clients trained me for this sort of persuasive negotiations. Hah! I rock. So the tables have turned. Chris and I shall be doing the mc-ing whilst the adults will take care of the *mphf!* entertainment. Tee hee. Man, it'll be like watching a train wreck about to happen. It's gonna be so good.
I paid my dues! I have nothing to feel guilty about. The only guilt I'll be feeling is guilty pleasure bwahahaha-(pauses, looks over shoulder)-ahhahahahaha!
And on that note... good morning world! I'm off to the races! Wish me luck!
For some strange inexplicable reason, I'm feeling good. Don't ask me why, inexplicable nga noh. Basta. Nothing major happened naman. I suspect though, a lot of minor ones that I will not take for granted.
My boss told me a while ago, that reading Hemmingway will be a part of my training. She read me some excerpts and ya, looking forward. I'll get to it as soon as I get some air.
I forgot how fun it is to listen to the Presidents of the United States of America.
So I've been going to a boatload of presentations and meetings, which means I've been hanging around the a.e.'s a lot. I'm happy to note that I think I've gained their trust and confidence. And we actually have fun, which makes work, less like work. I think it strange though that I'm having real honest to goodness fun with them. You find things in the strangest and the most unexpected places.
The team's still fun though, when we're not getting scolded that is. There'd be times when the mood in the room would be heavy. I take every opportunity I can to crack a joke just to take everyone out of the constant state of anxiety. Though things do get dreary here at times. It's just the constant bombardment of ... everything.
Funny thing, as I was saying to a colleague of mine, there would be times when I'd be super loaded with stuff and simultaneously be so freakin bored. I think it's wanting to do anything but the task at hand. *cough*shit clients*cough* Excuse me. Got something in my throat.
Ain't no thing tho. I've kinda learned how to roll with the punches. Slowly, I'm learning a little bit of everything. Slowly, I'm learning a little bit about everyone. There are actually real people here! It's amazing! Har. I'm amaz-ed. Ikaw naman oo, ang ibig kong sabihin ay masnakikilala ko na yung mga utaw dits. Like our head of media to give you a fer' instance. I see him everyday and he's just so nice and pleasant. I've never seen him upset. And even when he's irritated, he's still nice to you. I am a-maze.
So the other day, my dad texts me about me and the cousins performing a song number for my grandparents 60th anniversary. I was like, uh ya, sure. Um, let me confirm with the cousins.... type response. But of course I don't wanna do it. Not because I'm embarrassed or anything, it's just that... it's so lame. On the same day, my uncle sends all of us an email informing us about the upcoming dinner / anniversary bash brouhaha. I send him a reply which went something like this: If you guys are so hot on singing, why don't you do it? Of course I said it much nicer than that. And I laid out the various arguments that would help my cause. Tee hee, they bought it. I'm so good. I guess dealing with clients trained me for this sort of persuasive negotiations. Hah! I rock. So the tables have turned. Chris and I shall be doing the mc-ing whilst the adults will take care of the *mphf!* entertainment. Tee hee. Man, it'll be like watching a train wreck about to happen. It's gonna be so good.
I paid my dues! I have nothing to feel guilty about. The only guilt I'll be feeling is guilty pleasure bwahahaha-(pauses, looks over shoulder)-ahhahahahaha!
And on that note... good morning world! I'm off to the races! Wish me luck!

1 Comments:
hehehe! ;-) break a leg, tiger!
Post a Comment
<< Home