The day is a long one indeed
I read this a while ago. I thought that it was worth remembering. In 1791 there was an epitaph written on a tombstone. It read thusly, "The unfortunate parents ventured their all on the frail bark. And the wreck was total."
It was a tombstone for a child. We had much better writers back in 1791, it seems.
215 years ago. But it hurts like it happened yesterday.
.....
Things are difficult. But you're alive. So live.
There's so much that I just can't put into words right now. I miss my friends. I miss my dog. And 215 years seems like too long a time. Too long to still remember.
Suddenly it begins to rain, even if there aren't any rain clouds in the sky.
It was a tombstone for a child. We had much better writers back in 1791, it seems.
215 years ago. But it hurts like it happened yesterday.
.....
Things are difficult. But you're alive. So live.
There's so much that I just can't put into words right now. I miss my friends. I miss my dog. And 215 years seems like too long a time. Too long to still remember.
Suddenly it begins to rain, even if there aren't any rain clouds in the sky.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home