Thursday, March 30, 2006

Assistance

My pupils are shaking. The music may be a little too loud. But before I can reach for the volume knob, I crash on the floor. Face meet carpet. And suddenly I find myself in a polyester and cotton jungle. It smells like a really old sweater. The one hanging in your closet. The one you've refused your mother to wear. Crawl slowly. I only know I'm going forward. To what, I don't know. Nor do I care. It just feels good going forward. Standing and falling and crawling on a burgundy jungle. The shaking has infected my limbs. They begin moving on their own. To the beat of the music. Like a magnet I stumble towards it. On my hands and knees if I have to. I will get there I tell myself. It's just taking a while. Suddenly I feel my knees. No wait, those aren't mine, they're someone else's. My knees aren't this smooth. Legs happen to be connected to them. Belt gets in the way. Such a complicated contraption. Good thing there's help. I couldn't have done this on my own. Off it goes, down. Everyone's vibrating at the same speed. Back home. Staring at the ceiling. Expanding in every direction. Just breathe. You'll make it. To the ashtray. Or maybe not. Pulling me inwards and exploding out with each deep exhale. Let's just lie here for a moment. The moment that took an entire night. The moment that took little pieces and bits and words and other vulnerable things. But with you, they're safe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are damn awesome with words. awesome.

you know who this is.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

thanks anonymous.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home