Friday, December 09, 2005

Plain White

We're just ordinary people.

My clothes, they're really comfortable. I wear the same shirts. These dirty jeans have seen me through almost everything. The watch on my wrist keeps me from feeling naked. My sweater jacket gives me softness and security.

There was a shirt before. I really liked it. I loved it actually. More than anything in the world. It didn't fit quite right. But I told myself it was okay. Cuz I loved it. Even though at times I looked like a fool. I told myself a lot of things just to keep on wearing it. Until a day came when I just couldn't fit in it anymore. I couldn't move right. It became very difficult putting it on. More and more I felt uncomfortable with it. But it was my favorite shirt. Eventually it got ripped, the holes got bigger, its brilliant color long faded away. It no longer resembled the shirt it was before.

It was bound to happen anyway. You can't stop growing. You can't stop change. All these things that are out of your control. Sometimes though I still think its my fault.

I'm sorry I couldn't be perfect. I really tried, but we're just ordinary people.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

something tells me you're not talking about your shirt. (du-uh, diane). sometimes when we get so used to something, we get a sense of security, (on rare occasions even a false one) and it can be okay for a time, but after that we either get restless and look for new things, or we outgrow it whether we like it or not.

i think one of life's challenges is going beyond our comfort zone...what's sure and secure no matter how ratty and old it becomes...and venturing out into what other things God has in store for us.

things like this can't entirely be our fault alone... because if we always live within what we're used to, never changing, never growing... why live at all? ΓΌ

12:05 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Thanks for the truth :)

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home