Buttah!
As we got into the elevator, our managing director said to me, "I think I just turned a corner in my career. Tell you about it when we get down." A few seconds later, we're walking in the parking lot, away from the building where we just presented some stuff. Honestly, the place looks like a funeral home. But that's beside the point. A black Mercedes Benz pulls along side us and I leave my gear in the back seat. We continue walking further until we reach the exit gate.
My companion pulls out a Winston red and hands me one just the same. I think to myself, the last cigarette I had was about two days ago. I lit it, inhaled, exhaled and felt dirty afterwards. Well, I did say I was cutting down and not entirely quitting. Excuses I know, but now is so not the time to be quitting.
I wait for him to tell me what he meant by what he said before entering the elevator. A cloud of smoke escapes his lips as he tells me that what transpired just a few minutes earlier in the aforementioned building could very well be the beginning of what we are all about. We raised the bar. And we sold it. This could get made. This could make us.
He high-fived me after. Well, more of a closed fist kinda bang on the side... it was awkward but the intention was there.
So tonight I'm gonna celebrate by going home early, seeing my grandparents and watching Desperate Housewives on dvd. Dude, it's for work. Get off my back. Really!
My companion pulls out a Winston red and hands me one just the same. I think to myself, the last cigarette I had was about two days ago. I lit it, inhaled, exhaled and felt dirty afterwards. Well, I did say I was cutting down and not entirely quitting. Excuses I know, but now is so not the time to be quitting.
I wait for him to tell me what he meant by what he said before entering the elevator. A cloud of smoke escapes his lips as he tells me that what transpired just a few minutes earlier in the aforementioned building could very well be the beginning of what we are all about. We raised the bar. And we sold it. This could get made. This could make us.
He high-fived me after. Well, more of a closed fist kinda bang on the side... it was awkward but the intention was there.
So tonight I'm gonna celebrate by going home early, seeing my grandparents and watching Desperate Housewives on dvd. Dude, it's for work. Get off my back. Really!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home