Wednesday, August 24, 2005

New things, same things

The rain comes down
like a victory
in sheets of shining
memory

On the walk to work, I pass by a Laundromat. I love the smell of fresh laundry. It's like a fresh start. And speaking of new beginnings, Claude just had a baby! I hope to be able to visit them later after work. Wow. A baby girl. People are becoming fathers. People are becoming mothers. Is there anything bigger or more important in the world? I can't imagine what they must be feeling.

And speaking of babies, did anyone know that Chris Cornell separated from his wife Susan Silver? And has already re-married and has two children and another on the way? Talk about catching up for lost time. He has two daughters (don't call me daughter, not fit to.) Lillian and Toni and is expecting a new baby boy with his wife Vicky. It's insane that I just found this all out last night. I'm supposed to be on top of this sort of thing! I am ashamed. So last night, I did all my research and I think it's fair to say that once again, I am the undisputed knowledge holder of all things Cornell. And I have about 50 megs of downloaded interviews to prove it! Hard and tiring work to be sure but there is no substitute for thoroughness.

Finally after years of living with my grandparents, they've finally given me a key to the house gate. Well, for security reasons and my unusual hours of coming home, they've had to leave the gate unlocked for me. Apparently, some fool went inside the house. Well, not inside inside the house. Sort of in the perimeter. Hence, my new key.

In other news, my yeye just came back from the hospital. He had a tube type thing inserted in his arm to prepare for a future operation. Or something. Dammit Jim I'm.... I'm... I'm.... n-not a doctor? No, I am a doctor, what I'm not is a surgeon! So.... I wouldn't.... know.... about those things. Sigh. He's fine, everything's fine, we're all fine here... now... how're you? (That was from Han in Star Wars Episode 4 (The scene where Han and Luke are dressed up as stormtroopers and are trying to free Princess Leia from the detention block)) But I wanted to go to Toshi station and get some power converters! Frick'n geek.

Moving on to more geekiness, I've got warpath, powerglide, cosmos, gears and huffer displayed on top of my monitor, a gift, courtesy of my friend. He knows me so well. I even made a little drama for them. See, warpath and powerglide are the daddy and mommy respectively and cosmos is their son. Powerglide and warpath are mad at gears and huffer for making their son cry. You know, boys will be boys and sometimes kids can say mean things to one another. Unfortunately, Cosmos is quite a sensitive little autobot and failed to see the humor of him being called milky way. (for his insistence on drinking milk from the bottle, even though he's already 6 light years old) God I'm such a geek. A geek who's easily amused! Hahahaaha!

This is what I do in my downtime. Make little dramas over Transformer mini-bots and keep myself up-to-date on all things Cornell. Ah the life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home