Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Heaarts, Clubs, Diamonds or Spades

'Tis only in the small hours of the morning.
When I'm happiest.
When the world is asleep.
When I'm free.
When I can spend time playing with the paperclips on my desk.
Or the toys atop my monitor.
When there's no one to bother me.
And I'm not expecting any calls.
Or complaints.

My iTunes seems to be reading my mind.
The playlist has been moving from Elliot to Tom to Jaime.
Perfect.

I feel really lucky.
If I was playing poker right now,
I would absolutely have the nuts.
And I'd be slowplaying a table of fish.

Is it weird that I wish I would die now?
I wanna die happy.
I want this to last.
I guess it would be selfish of me to want that.

Everything evens out eventually.
Just like in poker.

And a flat tire is what you use a jack four.

If I live long enough, I think
that I will enjoy my family
the most.

I had dinner with them tonight.
I was discussing with Earl the finer points of Lindsey Lohan.
He thinks she's just ok.
I can't decide between her and Hilary Duff.
Neither can he.
Having a brother is great.

There's one thing lacking though.

Drawing on the river.
As they say.

It was my last hand.
Before busting out.
And the house took me.
For I lost to someone I couldn't read.

I went "all in".
And that's all she wrote.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I owe you a novel of an email. But Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan?? WTF??? Hahahaha! If I seriously HAD to choose... like my life depended on it - I'd say Lindsay. Just coz she's less of a baby spice. :-p

dimps

1:31 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

I liked baby spice. She wasn't posh or scary or sporty, but she had a certain je ne sei qua if you will. :P

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home